Nightmare stay at the Marriott
Data di pubblicazione: 24-ago-2017
Horrible stay! Myself and my partner booked to stay at the Marriott for our honeymoon. After seeing the 4* rating and the title of booking a "deluxe" room, we were most excited to get there and relax. However, we could not relax! The first room we were given barely fit the double bed in, it had a tiny window and no ventilation! If this wasn't enough to disappoint us, the room was 3 feet opposite the lift. It was constantly 'pinging'. We then raised our concerns and were moved to another room. Room no. 2 - the smell of chlorine hit us before we even opened the door! We entred to find outdated decor, stained sheets and a smelly room, of which quickly gave myself and my partner a headache. After crying with devastation and speaking to the staff member on the counter, we were moved to a "Superior" room. Now, for someone with great fear of wasps, I didn't appreciate having to stay in a room full of them! Amongst the flapping and hiding from the wasps, we found out the heating was on in the room. So, not being able to air the room due to a wasp nest near by and not being able figure out how the room wasn't getting so uncomfortably hot, we were both incredibly uncomfortable. Fair enough, the Marriott tried to do their best but for us, this just wasn't good enough. How could we enjoy room service in a boiling room with wasps flying everywhere, whilst sitting on stained sheets below a badly stained ceiling. I would not advise staying here. The hotel seriously needs updating.