Day Trip to Berlengas Islands Nature Reserve
Cleaning and safety practices
- Unique & adventurous way to get out of the city for the day
- Scenic boat ride on the Atlantic via coastal town of Peniche
- Gorgeous Berlengas Nature Reserve, a Portuguese treasure
- Fantastic views & photo ops from Fort of São João Batista
- Breathtaking scenery, emerald-green waters & imposing cliffs
Atlantic Frontier Shared Tour
Live Commentary in English.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Children 2 and younger are complimentary.
- You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain.
- If you are prone to motion sickness, please take any necessary precautions. Consult a medical professional before taking any medication.
- At least 3 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Maximum group size is 8 people.
- You must be able to swim on your own.
- Boat and kayak trips are subject to weather and sea conditions.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
- IMPORTANT: From the 1st June of 2022, local authorities are implementing a population control to the island that requires a previous visa. Therefore, we need you to send us the following data for all participants: Name, Country, ID number (an ID you can show locally if requested).
- In accordance with EU regulations about consumer rights, activities services are not subject to the right of withdrawal. Supplier cancellation policy will apply.
What you can expect
Spend a day on Berlenga Grande, a postcard-worthy island in the Berlengas Nature Reserve, on this visually stunning day trip. Take a guided stroll along the pathways of the UNESCO-listed biosphere reserve before enjoying a kayak or glass-bottom boat ride to see a few of the island's caves.
Take a drive to the fishing village of Peniche and hop on board a boat destined for the island. On arrival, visit St. John the Baptist Fort, a 17th-century fortress built from the ruins of an old monastery, and follow your guide along well-maintained walkways that showcase the island's lush greenery and turquoise waters.
You soon have some free time to swim, snorkel, and bask on the sand at a pristine beach nearby. Throughout your journey, your guide offers commentary about the thriving flora and fauna found within the Berlengas Nature Reserve. You're also treated to fascinating stories of the invasions and pirate sieges that once plagued the island.
Make your way back to the port and take some time to grab lunch before setting off on a glass-bottom boat trip. Drift peacefully along the island's coast and get a peek at a few of the deep caves that dot the rugged coastline, with views of frothy waves crashing against the rocks. After a boat ride back to Lisbon.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travellers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Berlengas Nature Reserve Berlenga Grande Island
- Palácio Foz Tourism Office
- Praça dos Restauradores
- Lisbon 1250-187