This place is crap.
I know you may be looking at this hotel & thinking “hey they have great reviews in a central location, let’s check them out!”
But this is a mirage, because they clearly pad their reviews. Why?
1. Your booking will say you get free breakfast. You don’t. They lie, it is not included even though it says it is right on your booking.
2. The AC is as effective as a baby blowing hot air in your face. The rooms are intolerably hot. We sat in the hallway for relief because it was literally 10 degrees cooler out there.
3. The bar in the next block plays apocalyptically loud music every single night until 2 am. If you aren’t deaf, you’ll wish you were.
4. The staff are rude, unhelpful and apathetic. The only exception is the smiling lady who works the night shift, she’s lovely.
5. Heard a sex worker getting kicked out of the hotel at 3 am only three separate occasions Not necessarily their fault, but shows the clientele of the hotel.
The reviews won’t say any of this, because I’m quite confident they were made by friends of theirs or people who literally didn’t visit.
In short, there is simply no reason to stay here. Yes the location is great, but it doesn’t make up for the above.
It isn’t cheap, charming, legitimate or unique enough to be worthwhile.
Crap, crap, crap.